Thursday, August 26, 2021

Last of the Quilting on This One

What fun this little quilt has been.  The quilting is finally finished.  And there is a lot of texture in it.  One fun thing that I did was create a grid to quilt another checkerboard pattern.  To do that I use a  Triangular Engineer and Architect Scale Ruler to mark the lines.  I learned that from Lori Kennedy in an online class. 

I simply start with the ruler against a seam and mark the other side of the ruler.
The width is one inch which works well for this.  Once it is in position, 
I press down on the top to anchor the ruler -it won't move while marking.
That is why this is a great tool for doing this. 


Once the grid is marked you are ready to stitch. 


I like to sew along all the lines of the grid -I do that as I am traveling from square to square. You may notice that the left side is special (different ha ha.)  I realized that I had messed up the pattern, so rather than rip stitches (a pain when you are doing this) I  repeated it and made it work. Now it is a design choice!

This quilt has lots of TEXTURE quilted into it.

I love the raised places in the focus fabric. The Hobbs Silk batting really makes them pop. 
Did I have fun quilting this?  Of course I did, because the rules were partly ignored as
long as the quilting looked good.  I have fun playing with design. 

I hope you play with your quilting and find joy in it also


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.



4 comments:

Barbara said...

I love it, Gene! Texture and puff looks wonderful.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Me, too! I love all of the texture - and your "design choices" - ;))

Lyndsey said...

I love all the texture in the quilt. Great choice of designs for the quilting. I've got a quilt I'm working on that I'm using to practice my free motion quilting. It really is good fun.

Pamela Arbour said...

Congratulations. It is beaautiful!