Saturday, August 21, 2021

Fun Quilting Patterns

The topper made in the Gee's Bend class is progressing nicely.  Going slowly on it is allowing me to enjoy the process.  It is fun to try new designs as well as old favorites.  


This branching leaf design is one that I have used many times. It works in a line or you can pivot the leaves and make it fill a larger space.  I love the versatility of it. 


I call this one "the maze"  because it looks like a maze. But if you start trying to follow the maze you find that it is almost all dead ends.  I think this is one I started doing based loosely on a Leah Day design. Essentially, it is random lines that turn at 90 degrees.  Of course all my corners aren't square - and that is fine with me. 

This one is "Beads on a String" - on the outer strings I put pebble type beads, the inner row has square beads.  I matched the interior line (used to avoid traveling around the design) to the shape.  If I use this again, I will put the zigzags in the circles and the wavy lines in the squares.   You can use any shape for the "beads."  I have done this one in the past with triangle beads. 


This last one is my take on "Baptist Fans" - my fans are more "random" and disorganized because, again, I was making it up as I go. I have never quilted Baptist Fans, but this version will go in my quilting "toolbox."  I think I like it. 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Beautiful quilting, and I love the creative names!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

NICE! That's a nice collection of designs - I LOVE the variety! - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

Love all of your quilting designs especially the beads on a string. I like the texture. Well, I like all of them! It seems like Baptist fans start out easy but they are hard to keep uniform, well, for me anyway. There is probably a trick to it, but I haven't found it.