Saturday, August 14, 2021

Big Boxy and Cool

Saturday morning was a good time to finish my "big boxy hand-dyed" shirt.  As you may remember I used a scrub top for the basic pattern shape.  I think I made this one a smidge larger because I forgot that I have lost a few pounds.  But it is big, boxy and cool for this steaming hot summer in Alabama.  
My favorite color of all time is blue, so of course it has blue in it.   Blue is a lovely cool color. 

Quite a while back I dyed some white yardage when I was just playing with fabric dye.  I really liked the result and put it aside to make something for myself --someday.    When I started this project,  I decided not to be "precious" with the fabric and just go for it.  I am so glad that I did. 


I  even managed to get the pocket to "match" by aligning it slightly off kilter.  I call that artistic license. Ha ha.   I know that I will enjoy wearing this for casual summer days.  

Next project?????  I am just seeing what speaks to me next.  Of course if I see a squirrel......

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

10 comments:

Carolyn said...

How wonderful that you not only sewed the shirt, but also hand-dyed the fabric. That makes it a total original.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

That worked out nicely! I LOVE the pocket - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

It turned out great! Good job on the pocket. Go chase that squirrel!

Barbara said...

Really great! I’d love that loose cool feeling on a hot day also.

Lyndsey said...

I love the shirt and the fabric is fabulous. I love the colours.

Frog Quilter said...

Great job on the shirt. It is hot and humid here in NC too. So ready for cooler weather.

Jeanna said...

Love the shirt, Gene. It almost looks like you dyed the fabric AFTER placing the pocket...good job :)

Quilting Gail said...

Great shirt, Gene!
Love how the pocket worked out!!!

Vicki W said...

Well, it took me a while but I found you again! Great job on the shirt!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great job on the shirt. You are NOT crazy and you proved it.