Monday, August 23, 2021

More Quilting on the Topper

Working slowly is so nice on these blistering hot summer days. Even with air-conditioning, my body wants to slow down on these hot days.  This table topper has been the perfect project to "do a little at a time."  

All of the "blue" areas are done. I don't really remember which ones I have shown,  but I know there are some with simple zigzag lines (or maybe open triangles?) that I didn't photograph.  
Here are the latest three photos that show some of the quilting on the purple sections.   First up is the odd bit of purple in the outer border. 



Next up are the swirls in one of the thin purple strips.  You may notice some of the zigzags
on the far right side in that bit of purple.


In the wide purple strip,  I decided to use some chalk and mark it into 
squarish shapes.  Then I could do different designs in each "square."
I should have used a damp cloth to remove the chalk before I took the photo. 
Ha ha. 


I really love the "checkerboard" with the "bean shapes" in the alternate squares. 

I have a few sections left to quilt.  There are still decisions to be made on what 
goes in those spaces. And there is a big chunk of the focus fabric left.  I am considering
how to quilt that - and what areas of it to leave unquilted. 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

3 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE it!! You keep giving me ideas - I like your "checkerboard" and "beans" - LOL - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

I love your experimenting with FMQ. It is really looking good. Thanks for sharing.

Barbara said...

Really great quilting, Gene! I also love the beans especially for the way they puff out. Received your hand-dyed pieces yesterday. I’m looking forward to working them into the remaining string blocks I need to finish my king quilt top. The larger piece you sent is prettiest uncut, I think, so it may find its way into the back art! Thanks so much!