Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Quilting & Designing Quilting Lines

Who said that I was having too much fun?  The fact is that I am having too much fun to hurry the quilting on this one.  I have been shifting from the embroidery software to the quilt.  Back and forth.  You see, I discovered that I love creating embroidery quilting designs.  

So far,  I have digitized eight quilting patterns for the embroidery machine.  At least three of those were done on Monday.   Let me show you some of them, quilted out on the quilt panel. 

The first one is a modified "ribbon candy" design that is then loosely echoed. 



The next two are my own (strange) creations.  The first one, I messed up the design file by saving the stitch file over it.  So it is lost for now.  I can recreate something like it though. 

This one has more even waves in the top and bottom. 

And finally, my favorite at this moment,  is called HeartLine.  I created a separated heart motif on a line.  Then I added a wild and wonky line above - that is my version of an EKG reading.  (I took LOTS of artistic license on that one.) 


Since I keep playing with this,  I am sure it will take me a lot longer than if I just free-motion quilted it.  
The great part is that I am learning a lot more about using my embroidery machine as I do this.  I have gotten much faster at lining up the designs.  That said,  I will be doing "fill-in" FMQ in the open spaces at the end of several of the rows.  I think I will say it is a design choice.



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You sure are having fun - it shows in your designs! I LOVE them all - especially your HeartLine - with the wonky EKG lines - ;))

Jeanna said...

Nice results from all the fun you are having!

Quilting Gail said...

You are having fun!!!
I'm loving your different designs!!!
Keep at it!

Vicki W said...

Wow, that's really cool!