Tuesday, September 07, 2021

Self Portrait in Thread

Every artist should create a self-portrait, or so I was told years ago. I created a carved stamp from a photo of myself. Now I have digitized it into two versions of machine embroidery files. The photo of me was my starting point. Yes, I took artistic liberties.

First up, here are the stitched out designs. One is filled with satin stitches. The other is a "sketchy" design that sews out a bit quicker.

Here are two stamped pieces from the hand carved stamp that I made a few years ago.


And finally the picture that served as the starting point.

I am really thrilled with what I am able to accomplish with the Embrilliance Digitizing software. It was originally created from Mac users. However, they also have a Windows version now. Before you make any purchases, I recommend watching videos about how to use the program on YouTube. I believe in "informed decisions."



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

It works well!! No question who is digitized

Vicki W said...

OK, that's very cool!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Very cool! - ;))

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You are having lots of fun with that program.

Pam said...

Wonderful. Glad you are having fun.