Monday, September 13, 2021

Update - Embroidery and Puzzle

There is something I have to confess.  I am having a great time using the Embrilliance Stitch Artist embroidery creation software.   I have been saving my files so that as I get better, I can adjust them to make them better. There is a lot of learning happening as I am going along.   Fortunately the company has a number of videos that I have been able to watch as I work on my skills. 

I took the embroidery that I did of the stained glass design and edited it to resequence some of the sewing order.  I also changed some of the stitch types to make it sew out a bit more quickly. I love being able to adapt it to my preferences.  


You may notice that the colors are a bit different than the original.  If you have an embroidery machine, you should know that it is color-blind.  You can use the colors that you want - rather than what the digitizer chose.  The digital file still shows the corners as a yellow/gold thread.  But a nice rich pink worked well with the heart motif that I used for those stitches. 

The blue "wavy" sections now are outlined with a solid line making that section a bit bolder.   
I could easily change this file and make any or all of the sections applique.  But to be honest, I don't love doing applique on the embroidery machine. 

Meanwhile, back at Mom's,  we have been working diligently on the Flights of Fancy  puzzle. Here is where it was when I left. 


One or maybe two more days and it should be complete.   You would think it should be easy to find those "single" pieces  - but we are still trying hard to fill in those spaces. That large open space is all the girl's dress and bedspread.  That part may be the real challenge in completing the puzzle. And did you notice that the big open space is similar to the shape of the state of Texas?   That made me laugh. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your "digitizing" is coming along nicely - and it looks better every time you post it! You are obviously having fun playing with it - keep going! WOW on the puzzle - you two are a terrific team. I noticed the "Texas" hole - and smiled - then I saw a "stick figure guy" in the upper left corner - and a "dog" on the left side. Sometimes those "holes" are harder to find than others and I have no idea why that is - but we have the same problem - ;))

Jeanna said...

YOur machine embroidery piece is very nice. Looks like you really ARE having a good time digitizing. What kind of embroidery machine do you have? I had a Brother Quattro 3 but sold it last year. It had recurring issues with it. My best friend bought hers the same day I did and has never had a problem.

Kathleen said...

You are doing great with the digitizing and embroidery. I just did a little thing on mine and was pretty pleased. I do need to learn a whole lot more, too, about Embrilliance, but I was pleased with what I did. Now, that puzzle is exactly what I thought...TX! Good luck finding the missing pieces and finishing!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That shape is the first thing I noticed about the puzzle. Of course, I'm a misplaced native Texan, so, anything that reminds me of Texas is usually noticed quickly.