Tuesday, March 08, 2022

A couple of Placemats

A friend moved into a smaller home.  It is quite cozy.  The kitchen/dining table is a nice, although simple, wooden table.   I saw that he is using two potholders as placemats.   You know, I just felt that I needed to fix that. 
Therefore, on Tuesday, I grabbed up some scraps and sewed a bit of patchwork.  Some strips were added to bring them up to size.   Then they were layered with batting and backing. Next up they were quilted using the walking foot - just because! 

The variety of fabrics (scraps) makes these really eye-catching in my opinion.  While they aren't exact matches, enough fabrics repeat to make them a nicely cohesive pair.  Even the bindings were made of leftover bindings with a couple of scrap pieces to extend them.  
My hope is that they will be enjoyed and bring a nice bright spot to a friend's table. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

Jeanna said...

Those placemats are beautiful, Gene. They will add a bit of happiness to the dining area.

Barbara said...

These placemats will turn your friend’s simple table into a colorful fabric gallery!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree with Jeanna and Barbara - what a wonderful way to use your colorful scraps! I usually envision scrap quilts or "crumb" blocks - and never think of place mats! Thanks for the reminder - ;))

Barb said...

Oh wow....eye catching is the right word, just fabulous...someone will love them for sure.

Kathleen said...

They are gorgeous and what a perfect replacement for potholders!

Vicki W said...

Much better than potholders!