Thursday, March 17, 2022

Woven Fabric -Finish

For some time, there was a warp on my loom made of threads that I had dyed for weaving.  The process started in November of 2020.  By mid-November 2020, I had the warp on my loom and the weaving had begun.  Then it sat for a long time.  I got tired of weaving with just black weft thread.  In February of this year (2022) I began trying  a few other colors to weave with.  I didn't find great happiness with that either, so it sat again.  One day I noticed the yarn I had spun sitting patiently on the bobbin of my spinning wheel.   INSPIRATION!!!!!  I finished that yarn, washed and dried it, then put it all on weaving bobbins. 

Once I started weaving with my hand spun yarn made of bamboo, acrylic faux cashmere, real silk and rayon.  I was so happy.  It was all woven pretty quickly.  It came off the loom and was wet-finished (aka washed, ironed wet, and hung to dry.)  

Then it rained or was too cold for photos.  Now I have some lovely photos. 
I love how the variations in the hand dyed warp and the hand spun yarn play together. 

The fig tree looked like an interesting place to "pose" the cloth. 

Hmm...  a few threads shed from the sewn end. 
I need to trim those. 

What will this cloth become?  I don't have a plan, 
but the cloth will tell me when it is ready. 



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

Marlene said...

It looks great Gene. I'm glad to see you made friends with such a special warp. Handspun sounds like the perfect pairing for it.

Sandra Walker said...

I am so very glad you got this finally finished Gene! I just love how it turned out. I also love that photo in the fig tree I might add. It’s wonderful to see this again and all finished. Now to grow up… when it’s ready.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

WOW!! I agree with Marlene and Sandra - what a perfect pairing!! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it - when it grows up - even though it looks terrific as scarf for the tree - LOL - ;))

Vicki W said...

Oh gosh, this is so beautiful!

Barbara said...

Really lovely, such subtleness!