Monday, March 14, 2022

A Face, Quilt Layout, A Finish

In the works is a new small face in polymer clay. I am making these pretty small.  This one is 2" by 2" at the widest points.  The camera catches every flaw, far more than you would notice in person.  But with the small size, I am sure the paint will hide most of the flaws.  

Of course this one still needs paint and embellishments.  And I haven't decided 
on the gender of the face. At this point it is rather androgynous. 

Next up is the quilt layout, using the Block ideas from my last post. I took the 
Basic starting block and incorporated it in with the pieced blocks. 
If you are willing to do the math OR experiment a bit you can certainly 
figure out how to make this one.  It should be fairly easy to make the blocks any
size that you want following the idea from the last post. Just realize that the single
framed square will need to be sized smaller than the chopped block.

Adding the single framed blocks should speed the making of this quilt. 
I still have no plans for making this one, it is just a good brain exercise and
helps me to maintain my skills in Electric Quilt. 

As for the finish mentioned in the title, Mom, my brother and I finished this puzzle. 
I think the hardest part was the body of the black dog.  It was pretty much one color 
with no clues for  putting it together other than trial and error. 
My brother bought two more puzzles and we have started on one that is 
a 'reflections' puzzle - all the pieces are shiny/metallic finish. 
My eyes may not survive it. 




Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

Jeanna said...

Looks like you are enjoying playing with the clay, Gene. Love the quilt block layout as well. Your brother is keeping you all busy with the puzzles, makes for fun quality family time!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Wow - 2" x 2" is really small! Is it easier to work on something smaller like that or something larger? Just curious. Planning the quilt layout is a nice way to keep up on your EQ skills - good idea! And your puzzle is another great finish! The dogs look so HAPPY! - I'm looking forward to seeing the next one - ;))

Kathleen said...

Your clay character is very interesting. Love that quilt you designed. It is good to keep designing, isnt't it?

Barbara said...

I see a He, and I’m reminded of “Curly” of The Three Stooges!

Barbara said...

Ooops, I stand corrected. “Curly” wasn’t…um, curly at all! The Stooge this reminds me of was Larry. In Three Stooges fashion, Curly actually had little to no hair!

Barb said...

Your talents are endless, or is it you are just not afraid to try anything plus talent?