Saturday, March 10, 2012

Finished -and Some more Machine Embroidery

In case you missed the earlier Saturday post it is here.  There are a couple of close up shots there.

The secret quilt for my brother is finished and will be given to him at his surprise party.
Here it is:


I also played with some machine embroidery.  I got some files from Marjorie at http://shop.b-quilts.com/products.  She also has a blog at http://b-quilts.com/blog/  She does some great work. If you like doing machine embroidery and have an Accuquilt GO! cutter,  You can really find some treasures in her store.   This is a Scalloped Heart from the Scalloped Hearts design set.
I like this so much I took two pictures of the same heart - still in the hoop.


I have some ideas, but for those I will have to use the extra large embroidery hoop.  Stay tuned!

13 comments:

Rhonda said...

Too cool. Love the embroidery heart,too.

Unknown said...

Love that quilt and the barn in the background. Looks like our neck of the woods,....add in a few mountains.

Donna said...

You brother is going to be thrilled! Roll Tide!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Gene, it's a wonderful quilt. Your brother is going to be so happy to have it. It's just perfect!

Patti Williams said...

Wow! that is beautiful! Glad you finished in time.

Tangos Treasures said...

WOW, it came out great!!! He's gonna love it!!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

the quilt is going to be a great surprise gift!

JanyceR said...

I think that has just got to be the best gift for your brother! Absolutely awesome!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Awesome quilt! Your brother can't help but love it.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Your brother's quilt looks fantastic.

Pat said...

I'm sure your brother will love that quilt!

Snoodles said...

Whoo hooo! Roll Tide! OK, now I got that out of my system. My first love is my school, tho, Go Tigers! Love your quilt - bet he'll be so happy!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a wonderful quilt for your brother! Your embroidery is soooo beautiful!
Quilting by the River