Friday, March 23, 2012

Rainy Day

What do you do on a rainy day? It is raining steadily here today. I have several things to work on. I need to make some more of these delightful machine embroidered free standing lace bookmarks.
 I made some more of the Happy Easter bookmarks.  A lyre design -it looks black here but is a wonderful deep rich purple.
Then I made this cross bookmark and a heart design bookmark.  (FYI- All these designs came from Embroidery Library.) Do you see the little hearts in the design? It is so cool to watch these stitch out.  I guess I was tired last night;  I feel asleep sitting in front of the machine several times -but only for seconds at a time.  I would start to nod and then "jerk" back up.  The pink heart design was last and it was watching it that I feel asleep.  Did you know that pink is a calming/soothing color? Maybe that is why I kept nodding off.

I am working on a quilt project but I can't show it yet.  I will be in the GO! for a Star Quilts of Valor blog hop the week of April 2-6 and you will see it then AND get a tutorial AND (hopefully) a free paper piecing pattern.

13 comments:

Pokey said...

These are just BeAuTiFuL Gene! I love them, what a precious gift they would become in someone's Bible~
:-}pokey

Average Quilter said...

We just had all that rain - my back yard is a pond. Great looking bookmarks. The pink is the best

Unknown said...

I love these, will my machine do these? That rain is heading our way and I don't mind it one bit.

Gene Black said...

Tonya, this particular set only comes in a larger size that needs a 5" x 7" hoop. They do have some sets that will fit in a 4" x 4" hoop.

Anonymous said...

Those are just beautiful. I wonder if my machine is capable of those? I love them!

lynneUSA said...

Congrats on being blog of the week on AQS - well deserved

Pat said...

What BEAUTIFUL bookmarks, Gene!!!

Cyndi said...

Gene, those bookmarks are really beautiful....and I agree with Pokey - they will make wonderful gifts for your friends' and family's Bibles! And....I've done that nodding off and "head jerk" thing myself, but not while sewing - my machine only runs when I do! LOL!!

Have a great weekend!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Melissa said...

Can't wait to see what you make for the Quilts of Valor blog hop, that is a cause close to my heart. Pink is definitely soothing and your bookmark is beautiful!

sewfunquilts said...

Beautiful book marks and love Embroidery Library....so much I had to get an external hard drive to store all my designs....lol You did a great job on them, and I agree...make wonderful gifts for all your choir friends for Easter.

I totally understand about the nodding off thing....as it is hypnotizing to watch them stitch out. Better make them while you're sewing on something else.

Barbara said...

These are beautiful, and I predict you won't be able to make them fast enough to fill the demand!

Royce said...

Oh my gosh Gene those are just stunning! Are you going to have them in your Etsy shop I really think I'd like one of the cross for my sister.

Snoodles said...

Those are just beautiful...did you post about how you make them? Or is it just something that your special machine can do? So lovely...
Looking forward to seeing your QOV project! Get some sleep! :)