Monday, March 26, 2012

"Where I've Been"

Several people have asked me lately "Are you okay?"  I haven't posted since Friday- the Rainy Day - but I didn't get washed away.  I have been working on a project for the Quilts of Valor "GO for a Star" blog hop.   Marjorie is hosting the blog hop and you can read about it here.
The basics are simply to get as many quilters as possible to make a quilt for Quilts of Valor (QOV.)  There will be prizes for those participating in the event.
This is a country specific blog hop as this is for the USA QOV organization.  The QOV mission statement states "The mission of the Quilts of Valor Foundation is to cover ALL combat servicemembers and veterans touched by war with comforting and healing Quilts of Valor. This foundation is not about politics. It's about people." (note that I discovered that there are also QOV organizations in Canada and the United Kingdom.)
That said, everyone is welcome to visit and comment.  We love all our worldwide friends.

I don't like posting without a picture -and since I have been working diligently on the tutorial and  video for the blog hop I don't have anything new to share.
So I will leave you with something "older" that I made.
One of many Disappearing Nine Patch quilts I have made.

And this painting that I painted a few years ago.
Tomatoes for Pablo
(a tribute to Picasso) 
Be sure to watch for the blog hop.  I am hoping you will learn something and be inspired to make a quilt for Quilts of Valor.

10 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Hey there you are!....grin. Love you quilt. I also love your painting!!!

Rhonda said...

Hi Gene, I'm planning on making a quilt top and have a wonderful idea already in my head... can't wait to get started.
Take care.

ooglebloops said...

Can't wait to see your QOV!!!!

Pat said...

I'm sure your QOV will be terrific. There is a very productive local QOV group in our area.....and the "leader" of the group is one of the employees of our LQS...so that is very handy for any who are inclined here to do those quilt tops.

Unknown said...

I love the painting Gene...The colors are so bright!
It would make a beautiful art quitl too.
I love the quilts of valor program.. It is a great thing to do!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Sure glad to hear you weren't washed away in the rains :) QOV is such a wonderful cause. My guild has created many quilts for QOV. I look forward to seeing your beauty.

Marjorie said...

That painting would make a great art quilt!

Gene Black said...

Thanks Marjorie. I would have emailed the thanks, but you are a no-reply blogger.

Snoodles said...

Well said, Gene! And we will be here waiting on pins and needles to see what you have created! :)
(love the tomatoes as only a southern belle can...I'm reaching for the bread and the mayo now...LOL)

Laura Wasilowski said...

It's so good of you to participate in the QOV program! A few days ago I was able to see over 80 quilts made by the New Mexico quilts for QOV. Very impressive!