Saturday, March 10, 2012

Progress - I should finish in time!

The secret quilt for my brother is coming along nicely.  I have managed to get it almost all quilted.  I do this in sections.  There are three sections and I have two of them fully quilted.  The last one is half quilted. Thirty minutes more should see it quilted.  I am not doing any "fancy" quilting.  Just simple lines with deep organic waves.  They are not planned to be even waves.  I am working around the embroidery designs.
In the above pic you can see that part (bottom left) that is yet unquilted.  
Both the red and brown/cream fabrics are from Dad's shirts. 

Here you can see that I worked around the embroidery designs.  I tried to get in between words so that it is quilted somewhat evenly. 


Once I finish the quilting, I will join the three sections and then bind it.
I hope to have this completed in time for the surprise party - shhh....don't tell him!

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Trying to catch up on your blog reminds me I've been away far too long. This is a fabulous quilt, and when I realize you also did the embroidery, I'm really impressed. I think "deep organic waves" are very fancy! Great job.

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

Your brother is going to love this quilt. I really like your "wave" quilting, it's a perfect match for this quilt.

JanyceR said...

Perfect quilting for this one!

Cyndi said...

I think it looks fabulous...he's really gonna love it, I'm sure! And don't worry...mum's the word! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Rhonda said...

Great job Gene. He will be so surprised and very happy, I'm thinking!!

Sue said...

It's looking so good. I'm sure you'll get it finished in time.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

How fun! Love you're quilt.