Saturday, March 31, 2012

A little peek

Since I can't show the QOV blocks just yet, I started another project using some fabric I was "paid" with for a favor I did.   I added some mirage fabrics for the small squares.  I am not sure I am happy with them for this. I would like the pattern to POP a bit more.  The mirage blenders seem to get lost in with these bright strips.
Here is the first two blocks I made and joined.  Joining the two makes the full pattern.  This is adapted from a pattern so I will not be showing 'how to' on this one.

I have also made lots of bookmarks.  I am planning to put some in my Etsy shop - which at this moment is empty.
Here are a few of the bookmarks:
 


The white angel one just doesn't photograph well.  I suppose I will leave it out of the shop.
I hope you are having a pleasant and creative day!

9 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Try laying the bookmark on the cover instead of the pages and it will photograph better. I have some patterns for bookmarks too. Maybe I should fire up the machine today....

Rhonda said...

Love the bookmarks!
I'm working on those QOV blocks today.

Snoodles said...

But I love the angel... :)
Really like those bookmarks...put 'em in the shop soon!

Cyndi said...

Looking forward to seeing your QOV. These blocks don't look bad, Gene, but I can see what you're talking about. And your bookmarks are beautiful. I LOVE the angel. Try laying it on a piece of colored paper or solid color fabric...I bet it would show up much better for your photos...it would be a shame for you not to put it in your shop!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Marie said...

Love the bookmarks I have done some and they are really nice! YOur new mirrow images is nice too. Have a great day and I enjoy following your blog Hugs

Unknown said...

I love those bookmarks. So pretty and you can see every little detail. They sure stitch up better than the smaller 4x4 version.

Melissa said...

Your bookmarks make me swoon for an embroidery machine but you already know that :) I love the quilt blocks! They are beautiful!

Unknown said...

I LOVE that purple bookmark!!! They are all sooooo pretty!!! When I get past just embroidering names with my embroidery machine, I'll have to learn how to make these beautiful bookmarks!!!

Unknown said...

By the way, what kind of thread and stabilizer do you use to make these beauties??? Love 'em!!!