Saturday, March 17, 2012

National Quilting Day/St Patrick's Day

Today is a big day for me.  Two of my favorite things are celebrated today.  Quilting and Irish heritage.  I am a quilter and I do have Irish heritage.  I have never been to Ireland but I someday want to go there.
In our area there is a LOT of clover  growing this year.  Have you ever looked for a four leaf clover:

A couple of weeks ago, I was outside at work and found one.  It looks like the one above, but I didn't take a picture so I "borrowed" this one.
And for National Quilting Day, I designed this little quilt:
I call it Rolling in the Clover. I used Electric Quilt 7 and designed my "four leaf clover block."  Then I imported the image (above) into EQ7 as fabric.  (That I a cool feature that I just found!) And did alternate blocks in the new fabric. 
May the Luck 'O the Irish be with you today!


5 comments:

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

I like your Rolling in the Clover layout.
and Penny-whistles are awesome! One of my favorite songs is Homeward Bound that has a penny-whistle "singing" along with the choir.

Danny Boy was my Grandpa's favorite song. My dad sang it at his funeral.
Thanks for playing it and posting.

Barb said...

Happy St. Paddy's day to you as well....

Sarah said...

Rock on with your penny whistling self! Thanks for the entertainment and Happy St. Patrick's/Quilting day :)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Alrighty! Danny Boy always brings a tear to my eye.

Miss Hillbilly said...

I love it when you play tunes. I've looked for 4 leaf clovers my whole life and have not found one yet!