Friday, September 14, 2012

News Flash and a win

First -the win:
Over at the Sew Sweetness blog, I won a nice Pellon assortment.
Uh....I borrowed her picture of this, I hope you don't mind Sara. 
There are two 16" square pillow forms (just asking to be covered in quilty goodness - I have a plan!)
There is a nice bag of cluster fiber - think doll babies or maybe creatively shaped pillows.
Some Fabric Magic that will texturize fabric for fun textured effects.
Some cheese cloth that is food grade so if I don't use it for something else, I can use it to strain food. (always handy to have!)
And finally some 300 thread count white fabric. It is made of a soft long staple cotton.
Thanks to Sara and to Pellon for this great giveaway!


Now for the News Flash!
Tomorrow,  Saturday the 15th, I will be guest blogging at Color Me Quilty. It is QED that is Quilty Embellishment Day and I will be showing some simple beading on a finished art quilt. Come here first though and see the quilt I have been keeping in hiding.  It is all about embellishment.
See ya tomorrow.

Oh yes, I do have this quilt top finished for the Beginner's Quilt Along!


8 comments:

Barbara said...

Did somebody say beading?! I'll be around!

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

You are one lucky quilter....so many wins!!! Lol. Congrats on the win! I will be around tomorrow to see some of your creative beading! Have a great weekend.

Tangos Treasures said...

Wahoo!! Congratulations on the win plus being a guest blogger!! NICE!!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Congrats Gene...I know if anyone will put those items to good use it is you.

Smiles,
Kelly

Barb said...

Wow.....that was some win....good for you!! Love your quilt!

Richard Healey said...

Love your quilt top. Congrats on your win.


http://richardquilts.blogspot.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/RichardQuilts

Quiltingranny said...

Congrats on the win and I love the colors in this quilt!

Thearica said...

I love that cluster stuff! I bought 2 bags just the other day!

Love your quilt Gene!