Saturday, September 08, 2012

Rolling Along

Since I showed you the Thangles, I thought it only fair to show you the Triangles on a Roll too.  This is yet another way to make Half Square Triangles (HSTs.)
What you do is cut two pieces of cloth ten inches wide. (I cut mine a little bigger and then trim afterwards) put them right sides together. (this is important but please don't ask me how I know!) Pin down the paper and sew on the lines following the arrows.  Then cut them apart.  Sorry I forgot to take the picture of when it was solid but sewn.

 Then you go to the iron and press them open.  I leave on the paper for this as it helps to stabilize the  edges.
Then all you have to do is sit and pull off the papers. That is a great job to save for TV or movie time.
You can cut the paper as long as you want but I would say not over 6 sections wide as it becomes cumbersome to sew. (and those pins will stick you!)
I am thinking these pieces may end up in Mom's headboard cover.

Also I had two absolutely delightful wins (yes again!)  From Richard and Tanya Quilts  I got several fat quarters of Ghastlies fabric.  And from Ribbon Candy Quilt Company I won two packs of Aurifil Thread.  Each of the packs has some Aurifil wool that I love to use for a different texture in my handwork art pieces. There is also some  number 12 cotton that is great for hand work.  So I am a very lucky boy! (okay okay OLD boy - LOL)
Now I have to decide what to do with the Ghastlies.  I am sure I need to make something for ME with some of it.  I find little Prudence and her Hammer to be so funny.  Maybe I will make myself a new mug rug with her on it!

Have a great weekend my friends.

6 comments:

Teresa Quilts said...

Congratulations on the wins, Gene. I "liked" your facebook page, too. Have a blessed day!

Tangos Treasures said...

How cool!! Congratulations on your wins!!

Barbara said...

Lucky

Barbara said...

you!

Kate Brown said...

Congrats on your wins. I adore the ghastlies and I think that would make a perfect mug rug for you. LOL

Vesuviusmama said...

You know, I have some Thangles, but have never used them. I should sew them up and THEN decide what to do with the HST, don't ya think?