Saturday, September 29, 2012

Remember September

There is a project being hosted by Sew Bitter Sweet Designs and Hopeful Threads to send handmade gifts to deployed servicemen. It is called Remember September.  I just felt like I have to do something to say "Thank YOU!" to all those who go in harm's way to keep us safe.
I made one iPad cover but I am not totally happy with it. I am planning to replace it with two more that are just a bit larger. This one is snug on my iPad 2 and will not close with a first generation iPad in it. (I checked using one belonging to a friend.) I think it would work fine for the larger Kindle Fire.
So I want to increase the size by half an inch all around. I also want to use a different closure.
Anyway, here is the one I made.
Perhaps I can find a better closure method.  I started with another pattern and botched it totally. I cut the lining for this one wrong the first time. I don't know why I couldn't seem to get it right.
Anyway, I will probably send this one also, in case they don't get enough.  Melissa said they need them no later than the end of October. (Pillowcases are another recommended idea.)

5 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Nice!!

Snoodles said...

I had to rework mine, too...yours looks great! I will have to hope that mine works as far as the size goes. I don't have one to try it with! Love your fabric choice!

Laura Wasilowski said...

What a kind thing to do for our people deployed elsewhere. Nice job!

Heather said...

What an excellent project and idea... the nice things you do for people always comes back to you one way or another... on another note, Happy Happy Birthday!!! Thanks for visiting mine and Mum's blog. Hugs!

Beth said...

Great fabric! Why DO they have to change the size just a bit everytime?