Sunday, June 23, 2013

Main Street - the Gallery

A couple of weeks ago, a friend who works for an art council emailed me. It seems that a gentleman opening a gallery in Arab, Alabama was looking for artists.  It happens that Arab is a place I visit often.  So I got in touch with the gallery owner.  I went in on a Saturday to meet him and discuss business.  We settled on a commission rate that I think is greatly to my favor.  So yesterday, another Saturday, I took several pieces to the gallery for him to see and choose from.  He chose three paintings.
Enchanted Path
Moonlit Path


Ritmo
Ritmo (an abstract dancer)

And the other was a barn scene with a stream or river running near it.  I discovered that I don't seem to have a photo of it.

He also took a lap quilt
and my "String Theory" art quilt.
He also is displaying some of my art notecards, some original art greeting cards, some of my bookmarks and some of my quilted journals.
I am thrilled to have an art quilt in an art gallery.   I have another that I will be mounting on a canvas that may go in the gallery later.

You can visit Main Street Gallery on Facebook.

13 comments:

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

Congrats Gene! This is exciting! Good luck or break a leg or whatever they say! Lol.

Barbara said...

So exciting, Gene, and I love your two paintings. Cannot pick a favorite. But oh no, not "String Theory"! I think that one is a keeper.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Congratulations Gene! Your work definitely belongs in a gallery - you're extremely talented!

sewyouquilt2 said...

so exciting! you are a very talented artist and quilter and your pieces are extraordinary.

Marjorie said...

Wonderful news. And you can price String Theory so high that you feel OK if you sell it. I agree it's a keeper for you or for someone who appreciates it.

Elaine said...

That is very good news. They have a nice selection of your work that will represent you well.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That gallery looks like a neat place to have your items. Good luck for some sales.

Beth said...

What exciting news! You have so many beautiful things in the gallery. I really don't think I could give up String Theory if it were mine.

Jean said...

That is so exciting! Being recognized as an artist in both canvas and cloth must make you feel really good. Congrats!

Frog Quilter said...

Congrats!!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wonderful news!

Sarah said...

Way to go Gene! But, uuhhh, String Theory? Really? I don't see how you can let that one go. Is this gallery online yet?

Christina said...

That must feel good! way to go!