Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Yes I can!

Yes I can learn to do free motion quilting. And I am pretty sure  you can too!
I am having a blast with this class on Craftsy Free Motion Fillers Vol. 1 Class.  Leah Day is the teacher and she really inspires my confidence that I can do it.
I need practice to get better, but I see vast improvement already.
Here is a piece of the back of the quilt.
And here are two photos of the front.

I have quilted eleven of the twenty-one blocks on the front of this quilt as well as over half of the background stippling.  I am learning new designs to try as well as repeating a couple I have worked on in the past such as an "in and out swirl" and pebbling.
This quilt will have so much texture when it is done.  I can hardly wait to wash it and they enjoy that quilty feel.  But I still have a long way to go for a finish!

I just want to say that if you are undecided about taking an online class, you should try one of the free classes on Craftsy.   One class you can try is the Craftsy Block of the Month 2013.  Or maybe you would like to try Creative Quilt Backs.  Both of those are free and will give  you an idea of how the Craftsy classes work. In the paid classes the instructors will answer your questions and they are usually pretty fast.  However since the classes are so well thought out, I rarely have to ask a question.

11 comments:

Barbara Arcement said...

you are doing a great job quilting.
your quilt is beautiful!

Christina said...

It's looking so great! Go Gene! Glad to hear Craftsy is nailing it! I haven't tried a class yet.

Tangos Treasures said...

WOW!!! Look at you go!!! Love it!!!

Teresa Quilts said...

It looks great, Gene! So proud of you!

Pat Merkle said...

I always knew you could! Looks marvelous!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

You are doing great!! I love the classes on Craftsy :)

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Great progress Gene! Keep up the good work and before long...people will be taking classes from you!

Kelly

Rhonda said...

Looking good Gene. Those classes are wonderful for sure!!

Sue said...

Wow, you certainly can quilt!

Snoodles said...

Wow! Gene, you are doing an awesome job!

Beth said...

Your quilting is looking soooo good Gene. I am doing some Craftsy classes right now, and I plan on doing more. So glad you have been posting about them!