Saturday, June 01, 2013

Quilt Plan

Last night (Friday) I started cutting some fabrics for a quilt top.  This quilt is for use in an online class on Free Motion Quilting (FMQ)

There are seven squares each of seven fabrics.  I tried to use what I had and make a ROYGBIV quilt (roy g biv in case you don't know is a  mnemonic for remembering the colors of the rainbow.)  These will all be set in black and if I don't mess it up, will look like this
Then in the class on   Craftsy Free Motion Fillers Vol. 1 by Leah Day I will be doing a different filler design in each colored rectangle.    This should be a great learning experience for me and the big plus is that I will have a finished quilt when I am done.

However, today I am going to meet a blogger from Australia who is visiting the USA.   I hope to have pictures to post tomorrow!

Have a great weekend.

 

10 comments:

Marjorie said...

love this - it is going to be so pretty when you finish quilting. I'm still jealous at how good you're getting with your FMQ.

Unknown said...

love that quilt....and have a good "meeting"

Barbara said...

Wow, Roy G. Biv should be your middle name! This is about as colorful as it gets. One caution for the black frabic, I had terrible luck with Kona bearding. Beware!

Rhonda said...

I love those cool, crisp colors!!

Sue said...

I love your"rainbow" quilt Gene.
Thank you for a wonderful lunch today. It was great meeting you and seeing your corner of the world. If you ever get to Australia I'll be waiting for you.

Sue said...

I love your"rainbow" quilt Gene.
Thank you for a wonderful lunch today. It was great meeting you and seeing your corner of the world. If you ever get to Australia I'll be waiting for you.

Sue said...

I love your"rainbow" quilt Gene.
Thank you for a wonderful lunch today. It was great meeting you and seeing your corner of the world. If you ever get to Australia I'll be waiting for you.

Unknown said...

That is going to be a beautiful quilt!

Love the colors and contrast. :)

DjM said...

This is going to be a great looking quilt. I am a total newbie at quilting and I commend you on your work. Love the clor choices too .

Snoodles said...

Oh, have fun! I love getting to meet another quilting blogger! A Roy G Biv is on my bucket list...yours is going to be awesome!
Love the post below on soap making...what do you use for fragrance?