Saturday, June 15, 2013

Retro Saturday

Let's go back in time and see what I was doing in June of 2007. I was doing more painting then.  I had not started quilting yet.  But looking at this, I think I see an art quilt.  What do you think?
____________________________________


In the Gloaming
June  12, 2007
In the Gloaming
I was going thru some things and found an old painting that I was never happy with. So I took some gesso and reclaimed the area that is now the "picture" part of the painting- i.e. where the house and trees are. The upper edge was only glazed over with one color. The lower half has some bits added but is largely unchanged also. Amazingly the entire mood has changed. I wish the photo did this piece justice. (fyi- I replaced the original picture with a better one.) Due to some glossy bits used in texturing I could not get a great photo of it. Just be assured -it is better in person.

This painting is an abstract landscape painted using textures, transparent layers and a hand carved stamp.
I like the mysterious peacefulness of this painting.

____________________________________
Do you ever go back into your past for inspiration?

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

You can't mistake it - yes it's an art quilt! Love it. Are you going to make it into a quilt? I can picture it.

Barbara said...

I agree with Kathleen, in fact I can't help but see "batiks". It's lovely!

Beth said...

Sure would be a great art quilt. I haven't really gone into my past in the same way. Good idea to find inspiration.

Beth said...

Sure would be a great art quilt. I haven't really gone into my past in the same way. Good idea to find inspiration.