Friday, June 21, 2013

More FMQ on the Color Block Quilt

I have gotten seven blocks and the stippling around them done on the class quilt for the Free Motion Fillers class I am taking on Craftsy.  Last night I finished the section on Pivoting designs.  Next up are the echoing designs and after that there will be branching designs.  While I like having them in categories, it does seem to make a lot of the same type designs end up close together.  I am trying to skip some spaces to use a different type - that is why the red block at top center is not quilted yet.


8 comments:

Barbara Arcement said...

I love seeing your progress. It is going to be beautiful
hugs
beebee

Linda C said...

looking good, Gene. I have admire anyone that can free motion as I freeze up at the prospect of doing this. I know it takes tons of practice. YOU are doing the work to learn it and the quilt is looking good.

SeeingStars said...

Your FMQ has improved so much! This quilt looks great so far. Thanks for sharing.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

It's so much fun to watch your progress with the FMQ. Love what you have done so far.

Snoodles said...

Gene, that is gorgeous! I love seeing how you are progressing...

Beth said...

You are really doing such amazing FMQ. I know it takes lots of practice and your practice is showing up all over your quilt.

Barbara said...

Really coming along great!!

Four dogs and one quilter said...

Looking good.