Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Almost there

I can only imagine that everyone is tired of seeing this quilt under the needle.  Hopefully, you aren't really tired of it.  I have only a small amount to go in the body of the quilt and then I will quilt the borders with straight lines and a walking the Accufeed foot on my machine.   Meanwhile, here it is back under the needle.
 Now a closer shot--look how little is left there!
Yes basically that block is all that I need to do of the body of the quilt. 
And -because I took this picture too:
I used a few straight lines and some very loose  leaf shapes.  I had fun playing with the quilting on this.  It is not an artistic masterpiece.

In other news,  I had two paintings in an exhibit in Guntersville, Alabama.
Haiku of Spring
And 
Tomatoes for Pablo
A tribute to Picasso
Neither of them sold during the exhibit, but I heard today that one of them is still under consideration.  Fingers are crossed!

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Foolishly posted "hate speech" comments will be swiftly removed.

12 comments:

Holee said...

Very pretty and I like the dark thread. Is the quilt still soft and cuddly? I always worry that too much of a good thing will make the quilt stiff.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a sale on one of the paintings!

Pat said...

Your FMQ is looking so good, Gene!!! I'm impressed! I hope your paintings sell. You are extremely talented.

Rhonda said...

Go, Gene, Go! The quilt looks great. I love all your quilting designs.
Your paintings are fantastic!!!

Barb said...

Your paintings are fabulous....and your FMQ is awesome

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

What would you say to me Gene if that were my quilt? I know you would say...I'm not tired one little bit and you go girl. I'm saying...Go Gene Go!!! Keep on keepin on...that's how you finish. If we continue to compare ourselves to others....well...we'll never really enjoy the pleasure of a wonderful quilt finished.

If you can part with your art, then I pray it sells. If I could do that...I wouldn't not even think of selling it....not for a million...but...I still draw stick figures and there is no exaggeration there...I swear!

Hugs,
Kelly

Sue said...

Good luck with the paintings and the quilt. Your artistic talents are inspiring. I need to find some mojo....or at least "get up and go" to catch up to you.

Sue said...

Good luck with the paintings and the quilt. Your artistic talents are inspiring. I need to find some mojo....or at least "get up and go" to catch up to you.

Stephanie Hughes said...

Love both the paintings and the quilt! My fingers are crossed too.

Karen H said...

Your quilting is really turning out great. You are doing a great job! Just curious - what type of machine do you have?

I love the colors in your paintings. I'm sure they will sell.

Barbara said...

Waiting on that quilt! I bet it's the tomatoes still under consideration, my favorite!

Vicki W said...

Tomatoes is awesome!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your fmq is looking amazing!! Great job. Good luck on getting one of your beautiful paintings sold.