Saturday, February 22, 2014

Cabin Fever

There was a great question at Lily Pad Quilting - What do you do when you have Cabin Fever?  She is also hosting a linky party so you can share your Cabin Fever ideas or creations.
As for me,  my newest favorite thing to do when I am stuck inside due to show and ice - which is when I really get cabin fever - is to get some weaving going.
First I have to get the loom set up with a warp.

Then I can actually weave with a quilt wrapped around me -as long as my arms are free.
And the end result is something like this:
or maybe this:
or even this:
It is so calm and peaceful for me to weave, that I forget all about being "trapped" inside.

Of course after the snow and ice - the South had a serious rebound and yesterday we had temperatures in the sixties and even hit 70 the day before (Fahrenheit)
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

10 comments:

Barbara said...

I can relate to this except my frame weaving takes longer. But the meditative process carries me far and away from the reality of confining weather. Very nice weaving, Gene!

Barbara Arcement said...

your scarves are so pretty. I think weaving is relaxing too. You have inspired me to load the loom and make another one.
Have you tried making a rug. I use regular yarn and old tshirts cut into 2inch strips. it makes a nice soft rug.

Snoodles said...

Lovely scarves, Gene, and I can identify with wrapping up in a quilt....I sit at my desk with one around me, and just my arms sticking out to type or call. LOL
Thanks for partying along with us!
Snoodles

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

It's hard to get cabin fever here when our daily average temp has been 15 degrees above normal - afternoons in the 70's. I think we had about 2 weeks of winter back in early December. Your scarves are magnificent!!!

suemac said...

We are in the 70's this weekend. It hit 80 on Thursday. What a difference from the 30's of the week before.

Pat said...

I tend to read and if I get really involved in the story, my cabin fever goes away for awhile. The scarves, as everyone said, are wonderful.

Barb said...

You have just mastered that loom like no ones business....just fabulous!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You have really mastered the weaving and just find your blend of color quite lovely.

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

Weaving. Great way to cure the fever!

Michele said...

So, so pretty and such a great way to spend your time inside.