Monday, February 17, 2014

Scarf Completed

I have been busy with things that are not worth showing on my blog. And I did some more work on the Wonky 9-Patch quilt - but there is nothing new and exciting to show there.

What is good to show is the scarf  that is completed.  The request was for red and purple with just a bit of black.  My muse dictated a bit of white also. The white has a subtle glimmer of a gold thread in it.
Here is the completed scarf.

Since I put this on a white background, the white in the fringe is almost invisible, but it is there.  I learned a lot of new technique as I made this one. My selvedges aren't as straight as usual but it gives a nice soft look to the scarf.  This one makes me happy.

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

8 comments:

Pat said...

The scarf turned out very nice, Gene. I guess I'll have to start calling you: "Mean Gene....the Scarf Machine"!!!

kathyinozarks said...

I love it Gene

Beth said...

So many cool elements...I love the soft look of the edges. I love the movement of the color in the scarf. Great job.

Average Quilter said...

It looks great. Good going

Jeanna said...

It looks so soft. Love it!

Barbara Arcement said...

I love it! you are so talented!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Beautiful!!! I agree with what Pat said!

Pat Merkle said...

I love how the red and purple kind of "leak" into each other. Very cool!