Saturday, February 08, 2014

Chocolate Brown

With the votes and comments, I decided on the fabric for sashing the wonky 9 patches. It should be noted that my readers are a very bad influence on me.
You see, black was recommended  a couple of times, as was "darker brown."   Then I got a postcard in the mail. My favorite fabric store was having a SALE.  (that dreaded word)  And I was out of town and going right by it. My car pulled in as if I had planned to go there.
I wondered around a bit, and found a brown mottled blender.  It is DARK chocolate brown.
See!

It works well with all the blocks.  And I blame my readers for my failure to avoid buying fabric. That is my story and I will stick to it.
Have a great weekend.
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

10 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, I like it! It's well worth breaking the fabric fast for!

Pat said...

It is PERFECT for this quilt, Gene!

Barbara said...

A great choice!

suemac said...

Right. It was all our fault. It looks really great with your blocks.

Vicki W said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

:-)
It was worth it. That's the perfect solution. But I had to get a little laugh in.

Petit Design Co. said...

the brown is perfect!

Jeanna said...

I'll take some of the responsibility for that! Chocolate brown is perfect for those blocks...as I knew it would be ;)

Beth said...

Excellent choice!!! It does look great with all teh other colors. I really feel like you know when it is right. Might as well make it right for you. Heck, what's a little more fabric?

Patty said...

Funny I was out for a drive today with my husband and wouldn't you know his car just happen to pull into one of my favorite fabric stores too! Sashing looks great, a good choice I'd say.

Barb said...

too funny....love the quilt