Sunday, February 02, 2014

Year of the Horse -part 2

There were a couple of other horse designs that I wanted to digitize and sew out for my Year of the Horse series.    The first one I digitized and sewed out didn't do well.  I think the design was a bit complex for a 4" by 4" hoop. So while the second design was sewing out, I reworked it.  I changed the hoop to a 5" by 7" hoop and enlarged the design.  It is sewing out while I am typing.  No worries though, this will not publish before I have the picture - unless I mess up again! ha ha.

The second design is for a 4" by 4" hoop. It sewed out perfectly the first time.
Digitizing these horse designs has really been enjoyable, although at times just a bit frustrating.  It is becoming apparent that if I want to do these to sell, buying a full fledged program such as Embird is the way to go.  However, for now, using the mixture of various programs I have is working fine.

Okay,  the second design has finished sewing.  There are a couple of places that say "oops" to me. At least one of them is a density issue.  The other may be density OR it may be that I didn't step the design back far enough after the bobbin had to be replaced.  However,  the design is still very nice. Perhaps I will convert it to an appliqué design.  But I will work on the base file and redigitize it later.

Being a child of the seventies, I cannot help but think that this would be groovy on the back of a denim jacket.


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated.

10 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Both are wonderful works but I especially like the bottom one. I agree with you that it would groovy on the back of a denim jacket.

Barbara Arcement said...

Beautiful horses. I thought of a denim jacket too but I can also picture one on the bell of a pair of bell bottom pants. I think I had a pair with huge flowers on the bell bottoms and a huge flower on the back of the vest that went with the outfit. Dating myself for sure.
LOL ;)

suemac said...

It is said that we can all agree that it would be groovy. That sort of dates all of us.

Jeanna said...

Groovy indeed!

I like both horses but the bottom one is extra pretty!

Barbara said...

The second horse looks really nice to me! Loved that song and anything else from Simon and Garfunkel, would indeed be great on a jacket.

Teresa Quilts said...

Both are beautiful, but I really like the last one. I, too, think it would look great on the back of a denim jacket, not that I ever had one. :D

Pat said...

I love that second design. (And...since the song was mentioned, I saw Simon & Garfunkel in concert when I was in college and it was a spellbinding experience to hear them do that song and many others. Great harmony!!!)

Average Quilter said...

Wow those are great. You are doing so good

Barb said...

Grovvy is the word....

Beth said...

Groovy indeed! I really like the open area of the mane and tail in the first horse. I really like everything about the second.