Sunday, September 15, 2019

Some Weekend Sewing- One Step Closer

This weekend we attended the wedding of my nephew (brother's stepson) so I didn't get a lot accomplished.  But I did make a plan (finally) for my October Island Batik Ambassador challenge piece.  You will see more about that at a later date.   I may show some work leading up to it.

What I am going to show you today are the side pieces to the quilt-as-you-go quilt that I am working on.  I had the top parts pieced when you last saw it. Now I have pieced and added backing and batting and they are quilted! 
Each section measures 4 3/4" wide. That will add 9 1/2" to the width of the quilt and make it a more pleasing size to snuggle with.
In case you don't remember, here is the quilt with the pieces just laid by it before they were quilted.
I think this will be a fun quilt to have on my recliner or sofa for snuggling up with when the weather finally changes from this blistering heat to "brrrr, I'm cold." 
I hope your weekend has been fun and maybe a little productive, too.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Gene fabulous quilting. You are getting better with your stitching. Love the colors in this piece.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

That is a really FUN quilt - and will be perfect for those chilly evenings that are right around the corner - ;))

Barbara said...

Can never have too much snuggle space! This is a “G-B” quilt to the hilt...a Gene Black Original, and for me it’s reminiscent of Gees Bend quilts. That G-B combination is a winner, I love it!

Barb said...

I really need to learn how to do the quilt as you go....love this.

Jeanna said...

Such a fun quilt. Happy colors for dreary cold-weather days.