Friday, September 20, 2019

Still Amazed

Seriously, I have been weaving for over five years.  But I am still amazed when I take a variety of yarns/threads....
................. and through some magical process they become fabric.

Even though I know the process and have even taught others to do it;  I am still amazed that it works.  It still seams like magic to me. It is a bit like spinning straw into gold.  Is it simple minded of me to keep that amazement?   Perhaps when it stops being magic, I will stop having the desire to create.  But wait - creation is magic, isn't it?

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

diane said...

Great words........magical and amazed. Better yet they can make you feel that way and often times, as you mentioned, in the fiber world. I'm amazed with your weaving and the end product of what you produce. Love the colors of todays post.

Debbie said...

That amazement is what fuels your life. It give feet to your wings and you soar thru creations. Your weavings are so fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

Barbara said...

A very pretty combination of design and color. Yes, it’s magic! I’m eager to see where this woven creation ends up!

Vicki in MN said...

I totally get your amazement, I feel it all the time with quilting. The quilt changes so much with each stage and then you add the quilting and magic happens!! Your weaving is amazing:)

Angie said...

Beautiful weaving! Lovely colors as well. It makes me so happy when someone is so happy with a craft they make. Being amazed is wonderful!! I love lots of crafts and it is definitely so exciting to work on any of them!! Thank you for sharing. Enjoy your day!! :-) :-)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Making something beautiful out of simple ordinary things is truly magical - I think that's why we all enjoy creating so much! Your woven fabrics are terrific examples of that magic - ;))

Marlene said...

I know much of your readership comes by to see your quilting, it's truly lovely! But I'm always thrilled when you show your weaverly side too.