Monday, March 14, 2011

Noise Alert

When a certain friend and I are visiting , sometimes we are both on the computer. If we are aware that a what we are about to load makes noise, we say "Noise Alert" so that the other doesn't get jarred out of the chair. Hence the title of this post. 




Today I am sharing another of my little penny whistle tunes with you. 



This is my Ellis Whistle. It does not jump smoothly to the upper octave.  Different penny whistles have different strong points and different weaknesses.  I really should have gotten out my Burke whistle for this tune. Oh, and YouTube seems to have gotten the music out of sync with the video. LOL.  It really is me playing.


Edited to add: One of the comments asked about a tune for St Patrick's Day.  I am game, give me some requests for Irish tunes. I will try to pick one and get it recorded for St Patrick's Day.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it, Gene! Such a happy sound!

Barb said...

Awesome!!!!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Beautiful. You are very talented in many fields.

Barbara said...

It sounds as if you are becoming more accomplished with that little whistle! I agree with Barb, awesome!

Cyndi said...

Gene, that is so cool and you are quite good! I love to hear tunes on a Penny Whistle. Are you going to do one for us on St. Paddy's day? :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Melissa ;-) said...

I've seen people throw their voice before, but this is the first time I've ever seen anyone throw their penny whistle!!