Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Finally Feeling Better - So I made some Quilt Blocks

After a couple of days feeling blah and wishing I felt better, I have finally rounded a corner.  I am doing the AccuQuilt GO! Quilt Along hosted by Ebony at Quilt Possible. The first block was posted back of February 17th.  Yikes!  I am late. At least block two hasn't been posted yet. 
For block one we were to make eight of the Whirlwind blocks.  Here are four of my completed blocks laid together so I could see this secondary design. I love it, I could make an entire quilt of this block. 

Since I cut the pieces for this block with the AccuQuilt Go! cutter, all the pieces fit together wonderfully and the cutting was fast. My points are near perfect and I am happy. (Disclaimer: I don't stress over perfect points; but I do like them.)  
For this quilt along, we were to pick two neutrals and six other fabrics. The other fabrics are 3 sets of two in light and dark, as are the neutrals. My light neutral is a natural muslin, the dark is a tan. 
The fabrics in the dark triangles are a bit confusing as they did not photograph well. The triangles that form the center pinwheel are a hand dyed fabric that is burgundy with a bit of green in it. The light that goes with that is the mottled light burgundy/pink.  
The dark outer triangles are a mottled purple that goes with the light purple/white floral. 
There are two colors that are NOT shown, as they didn't come into play this round.  I have a solid light green and this green with purple and yellow in the foreground:
I think the purple in this will play nicely with the other fabrics. 

If you are on FaceBook you may want to "like" AccuQuilt.  It will let you see what other people are making with the GO! cutter and occasionally they give away some great prizes. Tell them "Gene Black sent me over here" if you want to.  And you might mention that I should be on their "Blog Friends" wall, too. (Yes that is shameless self-promotion) 

I just spotted this: If you sign up for email updates at the AccuQuilt website they have a $100 monthly gift certificate giveaway.  I am glad I am signed up. I would love to win one of those! 

Thanks for all the 'get well' wished over the past couple of days. You have really made me feel loved. 

11 comments:

fabricartist21 said...

Gene your block might not have photographed well but those points are soooooooooo nice.

Pat said...

I got my two neutrals and the other fabric to do this but haven't started it yet with as lousy as I've been feeling. Your blocks look really good. I'm glad you were feeling well enough to work on them. I hope I can do that soon, too.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Glad you are feeling better. I love the whirlwind block. I'm still looking for my camera. The last ti e I saw it was when we went shopping, CRAP!!!!

SewCalGal said...

Glad you are feeling better. And I love your project with Ebony's quilt-a-long.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Barb said...

Question: Do you have all of the dies to do this quilt along? I also love this block and you are right, it would make a fantastic quilt in this block alone.

Unknown said...

what a great block! I agree, I would do a whole quilt in just this. Can't wait to see the others. What is that block size, it looks quite large.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Wonderful blocks! Your color selection is spot on a always. Glad you are feeling better! Hopefully one day I, too, will have a GO!

Barbara said...

I *love* the striking colors in your whirlwind blocks! Glad you are doing better, and thanks for all your help with my lost blog.

Chris H said...

That is an awesome block Gene.

Micki said...

Great block Gene. Glad that ou are feeling better!
Micki

Melissa ;-) said...

Love your squares, Gene!