Saturday, April 09, 2011

Super Super FeFreaky OR As you sew....

I am working on a border strip for my Layer Cake Quilt Along quilt.  (At least I think that is what I will use it for.) 
So my AccuQuilt Go! was the cutting tool of choice.  I cut triangles and parallelograms. (the 3 1/2" triangle fits to the long side of the parallelogram.)  
I had drafted it in EQ5 just to see how it would look before I started cutting. 




I cut the pieces and sewed one complete unit to test it before I started chain piecing. That is always a good idea. 


Then I started chain piecing, I got all the pieces into triangle/parallelogram units and started ironing.  Here is my ironed stack. 






About three-fourths of the way through, I can upon this piece:
Super Freak


A song came into my head from the seventies early eighties  - "She's a very freaky girl....the kind you don't take home to mother"
Then a quilting phrase popped in my head "As you sew, so shall you rip" 
This one will get ripped out. and redone....but it is an extra piece I think. 




10 comments:

Unknown said...

love those solids....

Unknown said...

Ha Ha! That just completely cracked me up! I am having a similar weekend. Let's just say my borders and sashing are getting a little "freaky". Actually, I think I'll just call it "modern" and quit worrying about it! ;)
Your border is going to be super cool!

Rhonda said...

Gene, I'm laughing at your song choices!!!

Pat said...

hahahaha....you are too funny......super freak and as you sew, so shall you rip.....I think you need a break from the sewing for a bit as you are getting a bit "punchy". LOL Love the photo of your ironed stack...looks really neat shown like that!

Barb said...

You need help!!!

Tangos Treasures said...

tee hee I love it!!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

LOL! I don't remember that song but it's funny where our minds will take us sometimes. Love the colors of your border.

Cyndi said...

LOL!!! I'm glad that I'm not the only one that does those types of things and things like that, too! And oh, do I remember that song! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

SewCalGal said...

Great insights Gene. I've not done much with the parallelogram die, but inspired by what you've created.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

This border will be stunning!