Saturday, April 23, 2011

Top of the Weekend to ya'

This weekend is going nicely for me.  I took one of my vacation days off on Friday and just enjoyed the day.  I did stop in a fabric store and bought a couple of pieces of cloth (sorry no picture of it) 


Today my goal was to get the Layer Cake Quilt along top sashing finished and all joined.  Good news!  I got that done. 
See:
It doesn't appear straight because the breeze kept blowing it while the photo was being made. 
I am planning to add a border that I showed you earlier.  It is this one.
I laid it out and I think it really makes the top  sing.  
I got some good news by email and blog post also. I won a giveaway for some squares to make a watercolor quilt from Sew Fun Quilts. If I remember correctly there are 200 squares that are 2 inches.  I told you all about this giveaway, so don't blame me if you didn't get a chance at it. (((grin)))


Oh yes, My friend, Kelly, is having a giveaway for two books- one per winner so there will be two winners - over at IHAN   I can only win one of them (ha ha) so you still have a chance.  Go give Kelly some love. 


Next up- back to the sewing machine to work on that border. 
Happy Easter y'all.   


7 comments:

Pat said...

Your quilt-along-top is looking great. Happy Easter to you and your loved ones, Gene!

GerryART said...

For sure, Gene, you are quite the cut-up.
Oh,CONGRATS! on your blog win of 200 pieces. Lucky guy.

Hugs,
Gerry

Rhonda said...

Gene, the Layer Cake quilt looks awesome and congratulations on the win!!!

Barb said...

Your quilt looks wonderful!!! Hope you are having an amazing Easter Week-end...looks like it.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I really like the border you're using for this quilt!

Royce said...

Congrats on winning the give-a-way. Can't wait to see what you do with all those pre cuts. It's mind boggling. Your quilt is wonderful!

Barbara said...

Still loving that border!