Saturday, October 06, 2012

Finally -some progress!

This past week has been rather unproductive, but I changed all that today.  I managed to finish piecing backings for the two halves of my last Beginner's Quilt Along quilt.  I have them basted and rolled until I can quilt them.
Do I go overboard piecing my quilt backs???  Sometimes I wonder.....

After getting that task out of the way,  I worked on some scrappy goodness that will one day be a quilt. There are actually two pieces.  I am not sure if they will go in the same quilt or two different ones. 
This was going to be a back, but I couldn't do it. I like it too much as a top!

More top or use it as backing? The decisions we have to make!


Meanwhile, next to the sewing machine are more scraps waiting to become yet more scrappy quilting goodness.
Are you putting your scraps to good use?

7 comments:

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Olá,passei para avisar que acabo de votar em suas duas colchas,espero que seja premiado,pois estão lindas.boa sorte e beijo grande.

Anonymous said...

Wowza! They are great! I don't think you go overboard at all...I just think your uber creative!!

Barbara said...

I love the phrase "scrappy goodness"! You have inspired me. First thing I must do is dig the scraps out of the wastebasket in my sewing room, forsooth!

Rhonda said...

I tried to use up all my scraps but they keep reproducing.LOL.

Melissa ;-) said...

Love how you're using up all your scrappy pieces.

Barb said...

No....I need your scrappy goodness to rub off on me.....my scraps are in a basket multiplying as we speak!

Unknown said...

I voted for your quilt today! Love it!