Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fun With Rails in EQ

One of the bloggers that I enjoy reading is doing a series of Electric Quilt tutorials.  Today she showed how to use a rail fence block to make a piano key type border in EQ.  The blogger I speak of is BeaQuilter.
I was inspired to take a quilt design and add an inner rail fence border.  Of course once I started playing in EQ (Electric Quilt)  I redesigned the quilt too. Ha ha.
Here is the quilt.

I am not totally happy with the inside blocks but I love that rail fence border with cornerstones!

9 comments:

Petit Design Co. said...

I like your inside design on it's own, probably without any border. It's just so graphic on it's own. I like it, a lot.

Love the rail fence border too, but maybe on another quilt. I love Bea's blog too. Good stuff on there.

Jackie said...

that is a sharp looking quilt Gene!

Barbara said...

I love it all, border and inside. Gene, for me this is a very fine example of what I love about your workm- it's that unexpected non-symmetrical element. The eye wanders about, and I always find something new to look at. Your pieces almost always provide a journey. :)

beaquilter said...

great colors!

Snoodles said...

This is great, Gene! I love it. Are you going to make it?

sewfunquilts said...

I like the inside design on this one, and wish I would just take more time to play with EQ. Seems I always have other things as priority.

I think you should make this one.

Barb said...

I love the depth it has....

Cyn said...

I like it... what's not to like with Red and blue?? *g*

Marjorie said...

I love those pieced borders and hadn't even thought of doing it that way. What a great idea.