Tuesday, October 23, 2012

WOW! Color Overload

Today I received a delicious package in the mail.  Inside was a fat quarter bundle of Eat Your Fruits and Veggies Batiks by Pat Sloan.  I am in color overload - no make that color heaven!   These colors are rich and vibrant and they are batiks which I love!  I mean just look at these:
There is a rainbow of delights in this bundle.   

 Now you may see a GREEN ink pen laying on top of the bundle.  If you look closely you will see the name on it: Green Fairy Quilts.  This is a blog (and a business) run by Clint and Judi Madsen.  Judi is an extraordinary longarm quilting artist.  I follow her blog just so I can see her amazing work.  Of course the Green Fairy Quilts Shop is a great place to buy fabric too.  They have great prices on pre-cuts of fabric.   I recommend getting on the email list so you know what is going on sale.
So anyway, I have to confess that when Judi posted Giveaway Time, I entered.  (are you surprised?)  She asked that we list "three favorite items in the store."   Of course I started in the Fat Quarter Bundle section (and found three favorites there.)  I never dreamed that I would actually get a FQ bundle. I saw later that there were 328 comments so I wasn't expecting to win anything. All I can say is HOORAY!!!  the question is: Can I cut into this lovely stuff - or will I just sit and admire the lovely colors?  I am sure I will admire it for a little while. LOL.  But it will be used.

Thanks so much Judi and Clint,  you made my week!


17 comments:

Maddie Kertay- The Domestic Anarchist said...

Judy is one of the first people I saw on Youtube when I got my longarm.. I is wonderful.. not to mention cute as a button!

Maddie

Marjorie said...

Gene, that fabric is gorgeous. Judy is a wonderful quilter, and I am going to sign up for her newsletter right now.

Katrina said...

Congrats Gene!

quiltmom anna said...

Congratulations Gene- I am sure you will have fun creating something beautiful with it. It truly is filled with such rich colors- a yummy bundle.
I do receive the Green Fairy's newsletter- they do such good work overseas - a fun website with pretty reasonable prices.
Regards,
Anna

Unknown said...

Those pens are the best, I have several and they are my favorite. lol

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Congratulations!! I know you will make good use of those vibrant colors!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Congrats! That is some fabulous eye candy you have there! Judi is spectacular isn't she!

Barb said...

I just love Judi, she is one amazing artist. Now as for those fabrics, just be glad I live far away from you or you would have to fend me off with a stick. Those are absolutely gorgeous! Lucky you Gene!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats!! These are just fabulous, I know, I have some too!! Can't wait to see what you will make with them!

Barbara said...

This bundle surely had your name on it when it was assembled!

sewfunquilts said...

Congrats, Gene. You deserve to win it as you are constantly promoting other shops, other quilters, etc....way to GO.

Beth said...

A big congrats!!! It is okay to just admire it for a while before you cut into it. ;)
Enjoy.

Petit Design Co. said...

ha ha , I saw your name when you won. Figures!

I love Judi's blog so inspirational.

Melissa said...

IF you are like me, it will just sit and you will admire it on a regular basis :) Congrats on the win!!!

Snoodles said...

How wonderful, Gene! Congratulations!

Kate Brown said...

I am sure you will love it and pet it and admire it till just the right quilt comes along for it!! Congrats on winning ! I have to say , you win some awesome prizes. :) way to go!!

kadyb said...

Sometimes there needs to be a "like" button on blogs. This is one of them. Love the fat quarter pack, and the colors are yummy. Congratulations on winning it!