Sunday, July 21, 2013

A Bit More from Saturday (and a winner)

My muse wasn't done with me even after two posts yesterday.  So I kept playing with fabric and sewing pieces. together.
I finished tops for two more Composition Book covers.
I even did an applique with machine buttonhole stitch  on one of them.

I also pieced some tiny scraps together then framed them with blues and then black and made this tiny jewel -the entire block is only 6 1/2" square.
I love the "moon in the sky" created by a dot on the batik fabric.

Surprise! The Craftsy Sweet Summer Sale has been extended through Monday, 7/22. All classes are now on sale!

Now, the winner of the giveaway who wins her choice of a fabric from the Shibori section of Vicki Welsh's Etsy shop AND a Goddess pressing sheet is -  Holee who said


 Holee said...
What a wonderful piece. I've been to Holland. It took me right back there. I can see the man coming out the door with his pants rolled up and his metal bucket in hand. The fabric's are really wonderful.

I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone of neutrals and pastels. I do love red though!

I think I'm drawn to Nogata because it looks icy. With the coming of winter I usually go for the strikingly cool colors and this is one. Thanks for the give away...I'll be visiting often since I found you on Ravelly's blog.
Holee, I will be getting you in touch with Vicki so you can get your prize..or you can email me your choice and mailing address and I will send it to Vicki.

I hope you all have a glorious Sunday.

Oh yes,  I have a quilt in the Quilters Gallery -  Scrappy Quilt show this weekend.  If you want to vote (for me, I hope) go to Quilters Gallery and vote for your choice. Mine is 99 Keys.

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Foolishly posted "hate speech" comments will be swiftly removed.

7 comments:

Gill said...

Congratulations to Holee!
I love the moon in the night sky Gene!

Holee said...

WOW, I am so excited! Today is my birthday! Maybe it pays to get old! Thanks so much to you and Vicki for having this give away. I'll send you my addy....did I say I'm so excited!

Love the moon too...

Barbara said...

Great composition book covers, again!

Barbara said...

Happy birthday, Holee!

Snoodles said...

I love those book covers! And the moon in the sky is a stunning piece. I'm off to vote for you! Got my fingers crossed....

Rhonda said...

Congratulations to my friend Holee.

Beth said...

Went and voted. What great scrappy quilts!