Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A difference

Last night I managed to get this quilt top backed and basted.
So tonight (Tuesday) I got it under the arm of my machine and started quilting it.  I have to say that it is harder to do fancy FMQ on an entire quilt. There is a DIFFERENCE!  I started simply and still had (and have) some issues.  I clearly need to get an extra table or two to hold the excess quilt so it doesn't drag.  I did manage to get a bit quilted.

 I even used some pebbling.
I am thinking that this will be a real challenge to quilt. But I am hoping I am up to it.  Even if it isn't perfect, it will be fun- and I will learn even more.



Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Foolishly posted "hate speech" comments will be swiftly removed.

12 comments:

Pat said...

It is looking fine so far to me!

Holee said...

I think it looks great. The Amish say that God didn't give us the ability to be perfect all the time because he wanted us to keep learning.

Vicki W said...

Can you put up the ironing board next to your machine? That might be just enough extra space to hold the weight of the quilt.

Unknown said...

Looking good! Enjoy the process!

Barbara said...

Of course, it won't be perfect. That would not be hand-made. Machines can do anything, but guided by hand has a whole other value! :)

Beth said...

Looks like you are offf to a good start. I have to try pebbling.

Jackie said...

Great job... and just saw you featured on the 'Bad Ass Quilters site on fb... way to go!

John'aLee said...

Looking great. Love those colors!

Unknown said...

Gene it is looking real good...I have the same problem with the weight so I started moving my ironing board close at hand and it has helped....

Unknown said...

Congrats on BAQS site.....

Barb said...

I want to know the surprise....

Looks great!! I think you are up for the challenge.

Rhonda said...

An ironing board or even one of those larger TV trays could help with the weight of the quilt. Your quilting looks fantastic!!