Monday, July 29, 2013

Streak of Lightning - Book Review

Penguin books offered to give me a copy of Clare O'Donohue's short book, Streak of Lightning to review.


I have to say that I enjoyed the book although it ended way too soon. The Amazon.com description says it is 68 pages.  In writing this book, Clare  stayed true to the "Someday Quilts" characters and even threw in a slight curveball by having the State Police take over the investigation.  This put the Police Chief, Jesse, at odd ends when he was told that it was not his investigation.
I read through the book rapidly because the story line moved just as rapidly.  There were several suspects and none of them were obvious.
This is a fun read and a great short mystery to read easily in an evening.  Meanwhile, Clare O'Donohue is busy writing and editing the next full length book in the Someday Quilts series.  I can hardly wait!


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Foolishly posted "hate speech" comments will be swiftly removed.

3 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Thanks for the review, Gene. I look forward to reading it.

Snoodles said...

Great review! Sounds like a good read when I need a break from my hand sewing!

Beth said...

I love her books. I will have to find this one while I wait for the next one to come out.