Sunday, March 01, 2020

A February Finish

Once upon a time, my work was exhibited in the gallery of the Mountain Valley Arts Council.  For the exhibit, my paintings, weavings and some quilts were shown.   The person in the gallery who hung the show saw something that I had not noticed about my work.  I have specific color palettes that I tend to work with.  He hung weavings next to paintings that looked like they were planned to go together.   However, I never think about working that way; it just happens.

That brings up to the latest finish.   I looked at the finished piece after the mounting glue had dried.
A Sunset Melody

Suddenly, I had a realization.  It goes so well with this painting from  years ago. 
Morning Magic
It is no wonder that I chose the hand dyed fabric as the base for stitch work.  I see this painting every day as it hangs in my house.  The magic that was in my imagination as I painted it still fascinates me.
Is it any wonder that I love this new stitched piece?  Of course not.  It sings to me and makes my heart happy.

In case you are wondering,  I have already started a new piece to do handwork on.  The colors are totally different but still in one of my color palettes.  Here is a teaser photo of it. Ignore the wrinkles, they will vanish once the piece is finished.


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

10 comments:

Turid said...

I really love your piece of art. Isn't it funny that we have our style, even if we don't know about it ourselves. I think people can see what's my quilts, even without a name on it. I love bright colours and fabrics. Maybe it's because of my origin? (sami people)

Debbie said...

Just amazing....and then to discover something new to you about yourself. Life is full of self discovery if we only take the time to see. Excited about the new one too!

Barbara said...

No surprise that your work is recognized by your color palette. The teaser makes me wonder though, it’s not your usual bright colors. I love the top photo, and now want to know the size of that finished piece.

diane said...

Your art is wonderful and took the time to study it a bit verses seeing the whole thing. Sometimes we have to slow down and really look at art or quilts to see what they are made of and how. Love it.

Frog Quilter said...

Beautiful and very artful. Congrats.

Vicki W said...

It's really lovely! Second in a series is underway.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE it!! You started a series and didn't even realize it - LOL - ;))

Quilting Gail said...

Gene, it looks fantastic mounted!
I love how it coordinates with your painting!

Happy Quilting and creating! :-)

Barb said...

I can't begin to tell you how much I love your art work. I truly mean it...love love. It is also interesting once the person pointed it out to you about your color pallet....

Kathleen said...

Wonderful piece and so fun to see another piece that it resonates with. Look forward to seeing version #2.