Saturday, March 14, 2020

An "Almost" Finish

Though the binding is not on yet,  this quilt is much closer to being finished. You may remember The Night Sky quilt that I am making for my nephew.  At last the pieces are all joined and the label is even sewn onto the back. 

I know now that I do not have a good place to hang a quilt this big for a photo.  The quilt is 80" by 80" -so it is a pretty good sized quilt.

The wind lifted the bottom of the quilt off the ground; otherwise it would be dragging.  The pieced blocks are all made with Island Batik fabric (even the white!) The blocks were cut with my Accuquilt Go! cutter and the 8" qube set and companion sets.  The blue background fabric is a different brand of fabric but I don't remember what brand.

I am really happy with this quilt right now.  I just need to choose binding fabric and do that last step. Then it will get a nice warm bath, as I always wash my quilt s before they leave my hands.

I am sure my nephew will love this. His only request was "blue." Ha ha.  The great thing is that he doesn't have to figure out which is the "top" end when he puts in on the bed.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

9 comments:

Pamela said...

Very nice, it's really pretty!

Vicki W said...

He's going to love it!

Barbara said...

His request for blue is fulfilled, it’s a beautiful blue perfect for a nephew!

Barb said...

Your quilt looks AWESOME!!!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE IT!! The blocks are stunning - the blue is perfect - and the size makes it extra special - he's going to LOVE IT!! - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

That really turned out nice. You really put a lot of work into. I know he will love it.

Sue said...

What a fabulous quilt! Lucky nephew.

Quilting Gail said...

This looks fantastic, Gene! He's going to love this blue quilt!
I also like how you made all the blocks with your AccuQuilt Go! Cube dies! Wonderful!
Happy Quilting! :-)
gail

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The quilt turned out great. I'm sure your nephew will love it.