Thursday, March 26, 2020

Improv and more

It has been interesting to be isolated.  I am an introvert but that doesn't mean I am not a bit social.  I do like interacting with people. So, I have been sitting outside recording some tunes to share on Social Media.  I have no idea if this will work but here is a link to one of them.  My Facebook Page for quilting and other art is HERE

Meanwhile I decided to take the random scraps that have accumulated near the sewing machine and just do some improv sewing; no real plan, just paying attention to value a bit -but no stress!

The yarn that I worked on is now finished and put up in a center pull ball for ease of use.  I also finished another single ply of bamboo that I had spun.
Bamboo on left - Wool spiral ply on right
Stay home! Let's flatten the curve. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Aw, wish I could hear your song, actually I love “The Long black Veil”. I’m not on FB, can you post it here? Random scraps make cloth, one of a kind cloth! Now I should go do that too and I’d have something.mi spent my morning randomly painting and still don’t have anything! Lol!

Vicki W said...

Beautiful yarns!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE the song - the improv blocks - and the yarn! - ;))

Anonymous said...

Improv blocks can be so very fun and freeing :)
Kelly

Jeanna said...

I listened / watched your latest release on YouTube. You did a great job, Gene.

You made some really fun blocks. Do you have plans for the yarn?

Turid said...

Such cool improve blocks.

Angie said...

I like your improv sewing. Great idea. Your yarns are amazing as well. Stay healthy!🌻🎶

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Interesting, I'm not on FB, but it will let me see your video, but not hear it (your mouth is moving). I'm still going out to work every day (home health care worker). I did get Friday off, but I didn't get to my sewing room till mid afternoon (all those other things that needed to get done, since I'm still working).