Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Really Finished


And now "The Night Sky" quilt is finished.  After a drizzly morning,  the sun came out and started to warm the earth.  I decided to take the quilt out into the yard and snap a few photos.
I didn't worry about spreading it on the ground because it has yet to have its spa treatment. (washing before giving.) 


But since today is St. Patrick's day, I couldn't resist playing with the color in the photo editor. Now it won't get "pinched" ha ha.


A lot of the quilting on this is simple wavy lines, but three of the corners got special treatment.





And of course it has one of my labels on it - for posterity and all that.


The binding matches the front background fabric - mostly because that was an easy choice to make. It was all sewn on by machine - specifically the new Juki TL 2010Q machine.  It sews really fast so the binding went on pretty quickly.

Now, to decide on my next project and get going!

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

11 comments:

ASouthernQuiltersJoy said...

That is a beautiful quilt. Did you make it using an Accuquilt die and if so, which one. Love the colors, especially the enhanced color change to green in celebration of St. Pats Day.

Quilting Gail said...

It looks wonderful! It'll be absolutely fabulous AFTER it's spa treatment! :-)
How fun to see it in green! But, to be honest, I like the blue WAY more!!!
Great quilting in the corners!
Happy Quilting! :-)

Jeanna said...

This is a beautiful quilt. Did you design it? I love the colors...my favorites! And fun quilting, too.

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Gene, and I don’t know how you do so much in such a short time!

Barb said...

Turned out wonderfully, I truly do love this one and you look like you had fun quiltin it.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

It's beautiful!! - Your nephew will surely love it!! And I like the "Green" version, too - though not as much as I like the "Blue" version. I never thought to use the photo editor to change the colors - nice touch - ;))

Vicki W said...

Your nephew is going to love it!

Rebecca Grace said...

Nice job, Gene -- and using the photo editing tools to preview other color options is brilliant! Not just for St. Patty's, you know, because you could do that with a photo of any quilt you were considering making to see what it would look like in a different color scheme. Congrats on a lovely finish!

Sandra Walker said...

Wonderful finish Gene! Love all the photos of your quilting which is beautiful.

Sue said...

Congratulations! It's a beautiful quilt!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

What a beautiful quilt! Congratulations on the great finish and thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.