Friday, March 06, 2020

Some More Stitching

First off, for those who have asked, the play is going well. If I can just remember my few lines. Ha ha.

I have gotten some stitching done on my handwork piece.  As you can see in the photo.

There is actually a bit more than that done now.

I used some of the thread that I dyed in a couple of places. Honestly, I can't tell once it is stitched in -which is the one I dyed.  The photo below is one that I am sure is my hand dyed thread.
I love the color changes as I am stitching along.

Then there was that thread that did not dye well. It only took color in spots.  As I had a narrow warp on my loom,  I went ahead and wove that thread to see how it would turn out. 
I love the way this came out. The colors pooled in places but it has a nice heathered look. 

Back to learning my lines---and maybe some sewing for fun as a break between sessions. 




Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

The weaving looks great!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your stitching is coming along nicely - and I agree with Vicki W. - the weaving looks great! Have fun learning your lines - ;))

Barbara said...

I love the handwork piece!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love all of you hand stitched pieces. I did so much embroidery in the past and this makes me want to pick up the hand needle and thread again.

Barb said...

Love your handwork as well and your weaving....

Quilting Tangent said...

Nice stitching. The thread looks great in the woven piece.

Quilting Gail said...

Good to hear that your play is going well!
Your handwork is beautiful! I love how you are creating with things that you also created (dyed fabric/thread).
And the weaving ... very pretty!
Happy Creating! :-)

Angie said...

Very cool weaving and stitching! Awesome!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐🌞