Saturday, March 21, 2020

Some Practice FMQ -Tablerunner

The old table topper that was minimally quilted - wow - virtually not quilted.
There was a line of quilting in the ditch where the pieced center met the borders. And two lines of ditch quilting, one on either side of the center strip.   Seriously, what was I thinking????

I started by doing a row of pebbles and a row of zigzag lines.
Ooh, I like the textural contrast of those next to each other.  So I alternated that on all of the skinny strips.  I did a few other designs in the border and did the zigzag twice (crossing itself) on the wide strips.   Then the narrow border got an organic line  in it.  Boom! Done.
What are you doing in your sewing/quilting room these days?

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

I love me some wild quilting. The more the better. Your looks very good.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I haven't even gotten to the quilting room this morning. Too busy checking on family and friends.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Those two quilting designs are a good combination - and I especially like the "Boom! Done." part - ;))

Barb said...

I know you are just having a grand time on your new machine, it shows....wonderful table runner

Pamela Arbour said...

That turned out nice, Gene. Nice texture. We can always use a table runner. I think they add warmth to any room.

Kathleen said...

That's a fun idea - to practice quilt on a quilted piece that needs a little more love! Looks great.