Monday, March 30, 2020

More Improv and a bit of a capella

I have been playing a bit more with improv piecing.  I am undecided if I will use the pieces to make a quilt.  Perhaps I will use them to make more notebook covers.  The notebook covers are a fairly quick finish compared to making a quilt.  Although I just had  a "brainstorm" about using these pieces for a modern quilt  with a lot of negative background space. Hmmm... time will tell.  I do love making the notebook covers.
Here are the last few bits I have pieced.  They are not "squared" but rather just have the edges straightened.
While it doesn't look like much, there is a lot of work and time invested in these pieces. But, getting to use up a lot of smaller "scrap" pieces is a joy.  I did pull out a couple of my smaller hand dyed pieces to add to the pile.

Here are the rest of the pieces on my portable "display board."
They clearly need to be pressed again.

I recorded the little a capella video  a couple of nights ago to share
 with whomever wants to hear it.  It is also on YouTube.





Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 




Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible.
Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply.
Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

10 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks for sharing your improv piecing and "a bit of a capella"! I'm looking forward to seeing what your improv pieces become - and I always look forward to your videos - ;))

Barbara said...

You know I love your notebook covers and can see these easily being perfect for more of those. That said, I know you’d make a great quilt. You always do! The video is perfect, thanks. It even worked on your blog this time.

Vicki W said...

Improv piecing is so relaxing!

Pamela Arbour said...

Improv is so much fun. Yours look great. Just keep making them until this current health situation is over and you can call it an ode to COVID-19 LOL

Thanks for the song of encouragement!

piecefulwendy said...

Your improv pieces are looking good; I'd keep making them until they tell you what they want to be. At least that's the way it works for me. Improv is my favorite fun in the quilt room!

Jeanna said...

Doesn't it give you a sense of accomplishment (of sorts) when you make good use of scraps? I love your blocks and they'll make a nice quilt or notebook cover.

Kathleen said...

You are having fun! I was going to do a few days of improv with an email and haven't done it. This encourages me and I will take a few days and do it. Thank you.

Angie said...

Your improv is looking so cool. Enjoy your day.🎶🌞

Kathleen said...

These do look like a lot of work, but you have a real knack for them!
Kathleen -- kakingsbury at verizon dot net

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I had a class on improv piecing last year. Yes, it takes lots of time to make those blocks.