Saturday, March 07, 2020

Using Some Hand Dyed Fabric

Just for fun,  I pulled out two pieces of hand dyed fabric that I bought from Vicki Welsh. The pieces were her Barrier Island Gradient and one of the color wheel gradients that I don't see in the store anymore.  I think it was the "warm" version. 

I pulled out this book by Ricky Tims that I have had for years.
 I decided to go with the most basic version of a convergence. So I cut and sewed the strips. Into this piece.
Then I cut that into strips the same order and sizes as the original strips.  It was about this time that I realized that this is a lot like making a bargello quilt- but with a totally different outcome.

I sewed and sewed and sewed......and then I had this:


I think it looks like a really interesting plaid at this point. Now I have to decide "where do I go from here????"

I have several ideas but I will need to play around a bit more before I decide for sure.

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

11 comments:

Debbie said...

This turned out so amazing. Never would have envisioned this at the beginning.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice that all the seams line up.

Vicki W said...

Spectacular!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love this combination of colors. Very nice!

Barbara said...

I have no idea where to go from here, but it’s not just interesting, it’s beautiful!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I LOVE it! That book is one of my favorites - I think I've made three of four of them throughout the years - a simple technique with stunning results! I'm looking forward to seeing where you go from here - ;))

Quilting Gail said...

Very very pretty!
I've never made a convergence quilt. Maybe something to try in the future!
Happy Quilting! :-)

Marie said...

Love the plaid, of which I am a great fan!!!Love to se what your working on. Have a great day. Hugs, Marie

Sue said...

Oh wow! That's beautiful fabric. Love the way it turned out and am looking forward to seeing what happens next with it.

Barb said...

I love the colors and I love what you have done with them....makes one go hummmmm what do I have that I can do that with.

Michelle said...

While I like the concept of bargello, I always find myself a little disappointed in the result. I am not sure why. This, however, is really fantastic. This is really wonderful. The end result is greater than the parts. This is certainly worth exploring.
Keep creating!!