Friday, February 25, 2022

Scrappy Binding- Party Time!

The two panels have been added to the Party Time quilt.  Thus, it was time to decide on binding.  I knew that I had several small rolls of leftover binding stored away.  I pulled them out and sadly discovered that over the years I have used at least FOUR different widths of binding strips.  One of those completely baffles me - it is a three inch strip folded in half. That makes a VERY wide binding.  I don't even remember the fabric. Now, don't go into shock, but I trashed several of those pieces of binding - especially the 3 inch strip, because trying to trim a bias cut strip would likely result in frustration. 

I took one nice piece of leftover binding and added to it by cutting strips from scraps.   This made a very nice scrappy and FUN binding.  

Some of those fabrics are in the quilt, while others are not.  I think it will carry the party theme right to the edges of the quilt.  I am sure this will become the quilt that I keep on my bed for a while now. I truly love the way this quilt looks.  It is difficult waiting for a perfect day to get a good photo of this beauty.  Now I am thinking it may just have to wait until the binding is on it.  But in the meantime, here is a peek at the quilt showing one of the edges where a panel has been added. 
I think this party was held in the psychedelic era. (Think late 60s early 70s.)


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

I’m surprised you trashed something! Did I misread that? You usually make good use of everything. That aside, this is truly a “party” quilt. So colorful and happy!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm as surprised as Barbara that you trashed something - and I agree that it is truly a "party" quilt. "I think this party was held in the psychedelic era. (Think late 60s early 70s." - and everyone was watching "Laugh-In" - LOL - ;))

Jeanna said...

I love the way this one has come together, Gene. It's been fun to watch. The fabrics you selected for the binding will truly keep the party going!

Quilting Gail said...

Scrappy binding is always fun to use! I always like the finished look! It'll be perfect for your quilt!